Friday, October 14, 2005

Yangshuo China (being blocked by Chinese internet police)

Greeting from China.

NOTE:
The blogger website is being blocked by the Chinese government, so I can't see my own website, I can still post and edit, but not view. So there might be problem with pictures links. Stupid communists. oops they probably going to track me down.....
-----

After a minor problem at the immigration for entry into China, (the officer did not believe the passport is my, he does not seem to believe I am 34, strange....).

Anyway, thick air of pollution greeted me when I arrived in Guilin and then Yangshuo. The famed karst landscape is hiding behide the bad air! The forecast is for more the same and now cloud has rolled in, it make everything just plain dull and gray. So I bought a set post cards to show you all when I get back. It shows what it suppose to look like before the Chinese's march to industrialize has destroy the place that inspired so many Chinese artists and poets.

O, no sooner has I steped on Chinese soil, I already being ripoff by the people here for the bus ride (over-charge 50%). I guess I am officially entered the developing countries/third world part of my journey! There are more overcharges at the place I stayed not to mention leaky toilet, I mean leaking the content of the flush out on the floor, plus broken door lock. Good news they have fixed both.

I finally met some fellow travelers here in Yangshuo, interestingly they all from the US! But according the locals, the French and Israelis are the major tourists here.

The street where I stayed is full of westerner, a little western onclave in this part of China. The city seems to existed only for the tourists. Most the vender, store owner, inn keeper speaks good enough English, a rarity in China.

I am currently debating wether to cut the stay here by one day to get a cheaper flight to Lijiang China. With cloudy weather and pollution I am incline to do so.

I may upload a picture from here just to show what I mean about the pollution.

The food here is pretty cheap, a meal might only cost a dollar at local resturant, and 3 for tourist resturant.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home