Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More bad weather in Taiwan

The second full day at Taiwan, a typhoon hit the island (not to mention a small earthquake as well), and we have to start our tour one day late. And when we did get to our destination on the east coast, the washed out roads prevented us from seeing one of the beautiful geological formation in Taiwan. The trip further south provided a relief from the bad weather, nice sunny weather for a change, but soon as we head back up north (west coast) bad weather returned and cloudy weather prevented us from a potentially beatiful sunrise in Alishan mountain.

One good news, I think I gained back the weight I lost in Japan when I was on the granola and beef jerky diet. And I finished all of it and now I am heading toward cheaper and cheaper places, I should not lose more weight (unless I get sick).

Taiwan is a beatifully country (once you get out the cities) with diverse geological/weather environment from beach to mountains (top at 13000+ feet) from topical to temperate climate zone. In fact when the Portuguese explorer first spotted the island they called it Ilha formosa, beautiful island.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home