Thursday, September 22, 2005

First Full Day in Tokyo

After 13+ hours flight with little sleep, I arrived at Tokyo Kimi Ryokan around 6:15 local time. (it took about an hour to get through the immigration at the airport).

Went to sleep around 8 and wake up at 11 and hungry, so ate granola bars and beef jerky and read some stuff for about an hour. Finally get up at 4:30 and get ready to visit the world famous Tokyo fish market.

Had my first sushi with big pieces of raw fish for breakfast! A tradition for visitor to the market, so I must not break with tradition. So watch out Lynn and Wendy, you have new competition!

Then walk around the near by park, and then on to the Imperial Palace area for more walking and picture taking.

After that, I head on to Meji shinto temple and saw some shinto ceremony and a wedding. Good pictures I hope.

Then my feet are just too tired to walk any more, so I head back to Kimi for more granola bars and beef jerky, yum yum.. And checking mail to rest my feet for tonight's tour of Shinjiku district including its red light district :) No I am just going to taking in the outdoor sights and may be few pictures...

O, the weather here has been humid, cloudy, drizzly with temp in the mid to upper 70s and forecast is not looking good, pretty mush the same for the next 5-10 days :(
So no Mt. Fuji visit for me since you can't see through the cloud......

So now I need to figure out what to do with the extra day....

Also, I think I need to unload more stuff, it is definitely too heavy to walk around in humid weather.....

Please let me know if there are any significant local events.

3 Comments:

At Tue Sep 27, 02:34:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan,

what's up with all the granola and beef jerky ???

 
At Tue Sep 27, 02:35:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan,

we miss you here at work already. What's up with all the Beef Jerky and granola, didn't you take any other food??

 
At Fri Oct 07, 06:02:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

It is insteresting to hear you talk about tradition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home