Thursday, October 27, 2005

Kunming Part II (with a night in Stone Forest)

After 5.5 hours bus ride from Dali I am back in Kunming once again. Met a Chinese lady from Naking traveling with her relatives, she and her family have their own business. We talked about Chinese society...

After dinner I went to a local gym for first real workout since my trip. Paid 50 Yuan for one time use. Nice looking Penthouse gym, although equipments weren't so great and no cleaning towel.

Met couple more Danish, the 5th and 6th so far, for a country of just over 5 millions people they sure do travel (heading to Laos). Also met Mikkel and Andreas again (heading to Thailand).

I visited few sights in Kunming: Golden temple, and a local park. Nothing exciting, but good walk none the less. The bus fare here is so cheap! 1 yuan per ride, that's 12.5 cents. Good thing I know Chinese :)

I decided to go to the stone forest in late afternoon to avoid the mass crowd and stay over night to catch sunrise. So I plunge down 200 Yuan for a room, but it is worth to avoid the mass crowd I saw in the morning. The lady from the Dali bus told me she saw more human head than rock when she was here(head and rock rythm in Chinese).
It is really wonderful to wonder in the stone forest by oneself and enjoy the solitude.

Now I am getting ready to catch 10-hour sleeper bus to the border and to Vietnam.
Leaving China behind...






1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 10:04:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kunmking is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home