Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Kuala Lumpur

I arrived at KL airport for the 3rd time in less than a month. But this time I am actually going into the city. Actually I am visiting Malaysia for the 3rd time during this period as well. Making it the country I visited most often along with Taiwan.

The ride into the city and finding the hotel was trouble free.

I am staying at a little higher class hotel, but I did notice bed bug, so I guess I will be itchy for few more days.

The place I stayed is in between Chinatown and little India. The first night I went to Chinatown for dinner. I was so hungry, I pretty much stop at the first street side resturant. I ended up eating for 19.5 RM, which is way over my budget :)

Day two, I went for sightseeing in near by area.
I wanted to see orchid and hibiscus garden but it was closed till May for renovation so went to the near by bird park and butterfly farm. The bird park was pretty good except the caged birds part (not overcrowded or anything, just thought the birds could use more free space). Later on I went to the Petronas twin towers, once the highest building in the world. The building is well designed and pretty I think.
There is a big shopping mall in the ground floors.
It rained that evening so it prevented me from taking night picture of the building.

So what do I think of Kuala Lumpur?
This city looked modern, but its people still behind by the western standard. Motorbikes ride on the side walk (i have a stare down with motorcycle on the sidewalk), motorbikes run red lights (very frequent), people pee on the street.

Anyway I am heading to Melaka this morning, 3.5 days to go...





























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home