Monday, January 02, 2006

Amed

We arrived in Amed in a late afternoon rain. We checked out few places, but all seem to be very expensive. One place Jack tried to bargin, the guy did not even acknowledge it even though there is virtually no tourists and tons of near empty hotels.

Finally we found one that is willing to bargin and we got $10 for a sea side bunglow with a small swimming pool, including breakfast. The room looked great, big room and windows over look the ocean, tiled floor and bath. Might be the best room I stayed in the whole trip!

Anyway the area around fishing village of Amed is either cliff side rocky shore or black sand/rock beach. People come here to relax, dive, or kayaking. Some of the reefs are right up the coast! There is one right at my bunglow during low tide. Although I did not see any big fish or crabs, I did enjoyed my walk among the reef - not even have to get wet!

New Year eve, we all went to sleep before 11PM, since there wasn't much to do here in quiet Amed.
Next morning I went for a morning run and check out the transportation price for a ride back Ubud.
The best I got was $20, very expensive, but one has little choice...

O, the saga of Mary and Jack. They continued their spirtual and paranormal discussion, I sort of zone out on the discussion when UFO subject come up. Again Jack gave indirect hint that he want to move on (by himself) with his surfing, but again Mary unwilling to let Jack go decided to follow him to surfing even though she doesn't surf and loves kayaking. She is kind of wishy-washy, change her mind frequently. So I wished them the best of luck on new year day.

At the place I stayed there was a couple Neil and Ally, he is from SA and she is from Taiwan. They are into real estate for foreigners buying investment property in Bali.
They are in Bali for about 9 years, and now expanding into near by areas as well ( like Fiji etc). Previously they worked in the same line in Taiwan. I had lunch with them after Mary and Jack left.

That afternoon, I spend time cleaning, washing, and organizing. But I still end up with way too much time on hand with nothing else to do (no TV), so I went to sleep before 9PM!!!

My ride arrived before 7AM next morning, and after a quick breakfast, I was on my way back Ubud.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home