Thursday, December 22, 2005

Similajau NP

My quick tours of Sarawak National parks continues with Similajau NP.

I wasn't sure I want to visit this park when I arrived in Bintulu long distance bus station, but after unable to find a place to stay near the station, with sunny sky, and a small prod from the taxi driver and I was off to Similajau NP.

I think I was the only visitor staying in the park that night! The beach was dirty and foamy with many tree debris. And the lodges surrounded with many big puddle of water where mosiquitos are everywhere. The place has look of being abandoned for few months. I did manage to do a short hike in near by forest, nothing real interesting to see, but good view point for the sunset, waves, and just quiet relaxing place.

Next morning I went back to Bintulu bus station and internet to book my flights to KL and Bali and soon I was on my way to Sibu to visit one of the two friendly Chinese Malaysian I met on the KK flight.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home